Let's talk about Tangmen

1.xardus » Thu May 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi all!! I read half forum but didn't find any post about our class, I'm a new player (just reached lvl 41) and I'm just getting comfortable with game mechanics, scroll skills weapons and so on, but now I'm thinking to the future of my char and I don't fine any info around, so the purpose of this topic is also to help all of us to improve our char exchanging advices

Watching at high lvl tngm on my server (eu 2 Xardus if want add me to friends lol) I can see that our main skill is vipers sting, many scrolls found in daily is a good thing, but if have advice on it are welcome
My biggest though is what use as secondary, I started with drunken fist + venom toad and now I'm using as main style while growing vipers and try to unlock red blade
But... I really don't know what choose as second weapon, knuckles or blade, most high lvl tngm are sword spec but thinking in a real long term game play probably knuckle are better because of jade skills are most for knuckle and not for dagger or blade
On mental skills I still have some difficulty in understand what is better or not but most depends on wich secondary weapon I choose (I suppose lol)
I also like twin dagger style but I don't see it as long term good choice

Those are my ideas, open to advice or critics, I also know I'm still noob and I'm pretty sure u also have some questions that wu want to discuss with other tngm

Thx a lot to everyone

2.Lonban » Sun May 22, 2016 4:04 am

Jade skills are really only available realistically if you open up your wallet. If that's why you're choosing knuckles, I'd re-evaluate your reasoning.

For most casual players, your secondary inner choices are really only going to be Red Blade/Ice Heart/Toad/Sunset. If you're on the ball with pawn ticket farming you can score some Chaotic frags too.

With that in mind, most casual Tangmen will go Red Blade because it ups your dagger set damage. Therefore, your intuitive combo is Dagger-Blade. Yanyang is an easy farm, with some perseverence Cruel Blade mimics a lot of Tangmen dagger functions (3 second stun being the main one).

The added bonus of the YY/Red Blade addition is that if you slot Wudang Poise, Tang 2nd, and Tang 1st into your mentals, you get both Tangmen Mental and Explosive Thunder, the latter of which helps maintain the former.

Eventually if you can afford it there's Chaotic/Magnanimity with your secondary set of choice.

3.Jaydillah » Sun May 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Thats not entirely true.

"The added bonus of the YY/Red Blade addition is that if you slot Wudang Poise, Tang 2nd, and Tang 1st into your mentals, you get both Tangmen Mental and Explosive Thunder, the latter of which helps maintain the former."

1st Weapon : Vipers Sting
2nd Weapon : YY Blade
School inner : 5 Venoms
2nd inner : Red Blade

No third inner available, even at level 70 as promised.

1st mental slot : Tang Ferocity
2nd mental slot : Six Paths
3rd mental slot : Wudang Poise

This combo will only give you poison, no place to put Zen Balance, Five Talismans... To activate both mental skills.

Not even if you switch 5 venoms for ex. Six paths, then you get explosive, but no Poison. It simply cant be done.

Tang mentals need a refix, because atm only possible way to activate 2 mentals is
Wait Patiently and Poison. Both which suck like a baby on a titty.
IGN: NATZAK
SERVER: EU-1 MUYUN VILLA

4.xardus » Sat May 28, 2016 8:36 am

Yeah, I gained some ingame experience in this days, I noticed that we simply can't activate 2 mentals, the third internal skill is reserved for jade skill (or this ppl told me)

I'm really thinking about grow divine Wind as second skill, as the only other dagger skill, reading skills should be very helpful butbut.... Can be obtained only by mount Hua and even not every day!! I really hope it's a misunderstanding of devs because it's the only normal skill u can't find anywhere else, neither with gold and it's strange hehe

5.DiepLienTu » Sat May 28, 2016 8:56 am

103200151472846880815 wrote:Yeah, I gained some ingame experience in this days, I noticed that we simply can't activate 2 mentals, the third internal skill is reserved for jade skill (or this ppl told me)

I'm really thinking about grow divine Wind as second skill, as the only other dagger skill, reading skills should be very helpful butbut.... Can be obtained only by mount Hua and even not every day!! I really hope it's a misunderstanding of devs because it's the only normal skill u can't find anywhere else, neither with gold and it's strange hehe

tangmen and wudang need 5 mental to activate 2 usefull mentals

6.xardus » Sat May 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Lonban wrote:Jade skills are really only available realistically if you open up your wallet. If that's why you're choosing knuckles, I'd re-evaluate your reasoning.

For most casual players, your secondary inner choices are really only going to be Red Blade/Ice Heart/Toad/Sunset. If you're on the ball with pawn ticket farming you can score some Chaotic frags too.

With that in mind, most casual Tangmen will go Red Blade because it ups your dagger set damage. Therefore, your intuitive combo is Dagger-Blade. Yanyang is an easy farm, with some perseverence Cruel Blade mimics a lot of Tangmen dagger functions (3 second stun being the main one).

The added bonus of the YY/Red Blade addition is that if you slot Wudang Poise, Tang 2nd, and Tang 1st into your mentals, you get both Tangmen Mental and Explosive Thunder, the latter of which helps maintain the former.

Eventually if you can afford it there's Chaotic/Magnanimity with your secondary set of choice.

Yanyang blade is a falchion skill, untill internal is red blade, I think a blade skill is quiet better (and they are not bad at all)
Sort by

« User Guides