Suggestions from closed beta

1.Eduncan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi guys,
A couple of quick thoughts. Pleeeeeease don't give out dragon claw or similar 6/9 rare skill set to all players as login reward. It is so OP that hardly anyone is cultivating or using school skills. There is no point since max dragon claw is so strong with long uninterruptable chain combos and rage attack. Makes pvp very boring with no diversity.
Also I think players would really enjoy it if there were some costumes that could only be purchased through pvp (pvp currency or rank).

2.WooDang Man » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:55 am

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback. For the CBT, we wanted everyone to get a chance to try their hand at some high level Skills which wouldnt' otherwise be attainable given the time constraints of the test. The Dragon Claw and other high level skills are attainable through skill, luck, and hardwork in the actual game, so don't worry about them being handed out at OBT.

Thanks for the support and for putting so much time and effort into the CBT! We're looking forward to seeing everyone in the OBT later this winter!
Age of Wushu: Facebook | Website

SupportUSA@snailgame.net

3.SatThuSiTinh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:18 pm

I find this post hilarious. What makes you think Snail will give out an Ancient skill set for free?? They get you to pay your money to get stronger. The reason they let you have a taste of Dragon Claw is for you to know how it feel like and willing to pay money to get it at Open Beta.

4.WooDang Man » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:27 am

SatThuSiTinh wrote:I find this post hilarious. What makes you think Snail will give out an Ancient skill set for free?? They get you to pay your money to get stronger. The reason they let you have a taste of Dragon Claw is for you to know how it feel like and willing to pay money to get it at Open Beta.

Actually SatThuSiTinh raises a good point that I'd like to address. The goal of this game is to create a fun and engaging game, with lots of cool stuff for people to do. It's always a challenge to balance free mechanics with paid mechanics without creating an unfair competitive environment, and we've been working to strike just such a balance in Age of Wushu Dynasty.

So firstly - in general high level/rare skills and equipment won't just be handed out as log in rewards. However there will always be worthwhile rewards to be gained just from logging in or staying online.

Also, all the rarest gear and best skill sets will be accessible for free, through loot drops. So while making IAPs for Gold can help accelerate progress, it is by no means necessary.

Ultimately, this system will need some fine-tuning, but it's one that we think strikes a fair balance.
Age of Wushu: Facebook | Website

SupportUSA@snailgame.net

5.SatThuSiTinh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:26 pm

WooDang Man wrote:
Actually SatThuSiTinh raises a good point that I'd like to address. The goal of this game is to create a fun and engaging game, with lots of cool stuff for people to do. It's always a challenge to balance free mechanics with paid mechanics without creating an unfair competitive environment, and we've been working to strike just such a balance in Age of Wushu Dynasty.

So firstly - in general high level/rare skills and equipment won't just be handed out as log in rewards. However there will always be worthwhile rewards to be gained just from logging in or staying online.

Also, all the rarest gear and best skill sets will be accessible for free, through loot drops. So while making IAPs for Gold can help accelerate progress, it is by no means necessary.

Ultimately, this system will need some fine-tuning, but it's one that we think strikes a fair balance.

Thanks for the reply. This raises one question for me. I know rare skill can get through loot drops, and of course it will be rare. Dragon Claw need 200 fragments to learn. With no buy/sell system available like the Chinese version, we can't buy skill fragments from other players. Thus, I do not see an end to collect 200 fragments and learn this skill (or any other ancient skills, ultimate internal skills) by loot drops alone. That's why I said in my last post that this skill may have to buy to get, probably from top up bonus or something like that. If not, are you guys going to have trading implemented in OBT?

Thanks.

6.Bogeyy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:09 pm

SatThuSiTinh wrote:
WooDang Man wrote:

Thanks for the reply. This raises one question for me. I know rare skill can get through loot drops, and of course it will be rare. Dragon Claw need 200 fragments to learn. With no buy/sell system available like the Chinese version, we can't buy skill fragments from other players. Thus, I do not see an end to collect 200 fragments and learn this skill (or any other ancient skills, ultimate internal skills) by loot drops alone. That's why I said in my last post that this skill may have to buy to get, probably from top up bonus or something like that. If not, are you guys going to have trading implemented in OBT?

Thanks.

I would also like to know if trading between players is something that will be implemented.
BTW - how do you find info about the Chinese version? Is that already released?
Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern