Quotes about traveling

1.vondess » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Once, all my journeys were journeys into myself. The only journeys I made then were the ones into the books I was reading. Later I stepped outside of myself and the journeys materialised themselves. Along the way, some of those paths intertwined with some pages I had never read. Some poetry lines started resembling my days. Signs by the road were not signs but poems. The sky above me wasn’t the sky but the canvas upon which the clouds spelled out messages for me.

All these messages had their own atmosphere entangled in different melodies and brought to life by scents and materialised by colours. All of these messages were points on the globe and points in my head. Each of these messages a city. Scattered everywhere over winds, waves, pollen and dust, distant woods, seas and mountains.

They spoke above all else about an internal journey and only then about the real, literal meaning of journeys which were mere exponents of the idea. They spoke about many things but least of all about journeys themselves. Still, this is a syllabary of sayings about journeys, for those who know how to receive it.

Quotes about traveling.Quotes about traveling.
“Dear God! Why give me a heart which yearns for the distance and the beauty of sceneries unseen? Why make my happiness always reside where I cannot?” Ivo Andrić
“Seeking what I needed, unbeknownst to me what it may be, I went from man to man and saw that they had less than me put together, and I who had nothing left a bit of what I lacked and looked for to each and every one of them.” Ivo Andrić
“Many do find what they’re looking for, but lose themselves.” Ivo Andrić
“Not even travelling helps anymore. What I’m running from comes along with me. It reaches my destination before me and greets me at the station before taking me to the hotel and tailing me around the city. Not even travelling has its charms for me anymore. There are not four sides of the world, but one and that one is nameless.” Ivo Andrić
“Travelling? But why? Why look for new faces and sceneries only to arrange the scattered letters of each place into the same answer to the same question? Isn’t it better and more dignified to stay at home? Death will find you there too. I think about how perplexed I was at Paul Valery’s note on the nonsense of travelling, and now I might as well sign my name at the end of it! It seems to me that I had failed my wandering youth, but that would be an inaccurate self-accusation. It is my wandering youth failing me.” Ivo Andrić
Quotes about traveling.Quotes about traveling.
“The happy and clever travel a bit, but in their rare journeys find everything they need and everything one can get from them. And the unhappy sail and circle around the world, seeking in vain their own journeys. What each man is to find by staying at home is not to be found anywhere in the world.” Ivo Andrić
It was said long ago that it is for the best to stay wherever a man might travel, because, should he return, he would not find what he had left at home.” Stevan Sremac
“A man sets sails into the world looking for something only to return home and find it.”
“I will not be writing letters either! Why should I tell anyone how different I am becoming? If I change, I will not be the same person I was, and if I am already a different person, it is clear that I no longer have acquaintances. To write, then, to complete strangers, people who do not know me, is impossible.” Rilke
“He lay in bed, waiting for life to come to him. Since life was not to be seen, he realised he had to get up and look for it himself. ”~Thomas Mann
“He just looked through the window in the middle of the lecture one day and told his students: I have to go, I have a meeting with the Spring. And he never returned.“ Mircea Eliade

2.doberso » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:53 pm

I love to read such stories. If I cannot travel, I devote a lot of time to reading. Of course, I have made a lot of local trips this year and studies precisely my neighborhood. But my soul is missing my walks on the seashore. I do hope we will shortly be visiting other countries again and all my travel accessories from startmyhobbytrip.com will be again in active use. Are you also awaiting it?

3.VikiMorris » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:36 am

I was looking at the tourist beauty of Singapore until I read about business opportunities. Are you aware that there is e-commerce accounting services here? This helps the business much better than the standard hiring of accountants and is not the only advantage. That is why I stopped coming here as a tourist and I began to live and work as an entrepreneur.

4.Majesticbella » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Devry university settlement and investigations have started in the 1990s, and there were few such cases since then. Recent DeVry University Lawsuit case was about the accusations on falsely represented information on the university ’s employment rate. According to the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) press release of December 2016, DeVry deceived students by clаiming thаt 90 percent оf its grаduаtes аctively seeking emplоyment lаnded jоbs in their fields within six mоnths оf grаduаtiоn.

Source: https://studentloansresolved.com/2019/0 ... discharge/

5.ducklife » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 am

Very useful sharing. you are a great author. I will definitely bookmark your blog and maybe come back someday Thanks for a great post. Please continue to uphold!

fnaf
Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern