Should I continue with Shaolin?

1.158145744560565 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:53 pm

So from what I understand Shaolin is the weakest right now. Is that just with staff set or inner too?

I just hit 30 on my Shaolin and I also just got Drunken Fist set and yanyang blade. Are those sets good for Shaolin ?

I also have 26 wudang and I like his sword set

2.acerchips7@gmail.com » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:05 am

Why not? Dude all classes are good both in pvp and pve,I'm happy there's no imba class in any aspect of the game,u just have to study the class well in order to understand and learn how to play the class you choose.. Top class are wudang and tangmen,why? Because they are just popular,I played wudang because I just like its flashy movements but if u ask me what class I really like I'll choose between shaolin and emei I'm just lazy to start again.. But its up to you dude :)

3.Bogeyy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 am

As Shaolin, you probably will never feel strong. Tang is really powerful with stun and feint, Wudang has a great heal and good synergy with snow sword and mt hua sword, Emei has some interesting effects... Shaolin is mechanically the weakest - if that bothers you then you should move on to Wudang.

If you decide to stick with Shaolin, I do prefer yanyang. It's easy to get, it has a nice heal, it has a heavy rage ability, and the feint causes a really annoying stun. I have R7 and it lets me solo all the world bosses.
For PvP it's not great but if you stack health then you might have a chance.

4.Bogeyy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:19 am

acerchips7@gmail.com wrote:Why not? Dude all classes are good both in pvp and pve,I'm happy there's no imba class in any aspect of the game

C'mon man, you know that isn't true.

5.163086277399845 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:54 am

Thanks for the info. I'm prolly gonna just level both cuz I do like wudang.

So what sets should I get for pvp?

6.Oukiii » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:31 am

You need some real knowledge and more skill to play as shaolin compare to other schools. For eg, if you're a drunken fist user, stack up crit damage as much as you can and do crit combos like lift the jug > feint, etc.

7.midgetkatz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:45 pm

Honestly, unless you are playing shaolin for RP reasons don't bother with it. Here's a simple reason, out of all the posts here, did any of them even recommend using your school set? If you wanted to play with purely jianghu sets, there are 3 better schools available at the moment and there's only 4 in total. The only reason you should ever play Shaolin for non-RP reasons is if you like the future staff sets (eight trigram) or you think the quarterstaff sets will be good(there's 2).

Btw, bogeyy what is yanyang's level 4rage like? I went sword instead so I didn't have a chance to try it out. The description "upgrades to the next level" is pretty vague . What's the difference between the non upgraded and upgraded version?

8.Bogeyy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm

midgetkatz wrote:Honestly, unless you are playing shaolin for RP reasons don't bother with it. Here's a simple reason, out of all the posts here, did any of them even recommend using your school set? If you wanted to play with purely jianghu sets, there are 3 better schools available at the moment and there's only 4 in total. The only reason you should ever play Shaolin for non-RP reasons is if you like the future staff sets (eight trigram) or you think the quarterstaff sets will be good(there's 2).

Btw, bogeyy what is yanyang's level 4rage like? I went sword instead so I didn't have a chance to try it out. The description "upgrades to the next level" is pretty vague . What's the difference between the non upgraded and upgraded version?

I never played with my points in yanyang blade so I don't know what the leveled up rage looks like.
You mention the quarterstaff sets they have in China... From my understanding, an update prior to quarterstaff skills being implemented will remove the +%dmg bonus from the Shaolin inners - meaning no schools will have an advantage in using quarterstaff (like falchion and fist currently).

Eight trigrams looks pretty underwhelming, not sure if it's worth playing Shaolin for it.

9.MikeBison » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:46 pm

My suggestion based on my experiences with shaolin: Delete character.

I spended lots of money on my shao when server first released when i was still clueless(rank 3 power) Tried my best to make the best of it read on how u can solve this problem and the problems u will face.

The problem with shaolin lies in its weak martial arts: Staff.
I tried to solve this by using a upgraded mount hua sword and it was better, managed to win more of sky arena matches but, still lose to wudang healing abilities or lower level tangmen with their stuns pre lv50.

Keep in mind this is with uber equips... i would of won more matches if i was equally geared wudang with mount hua because of tai chi sword skillset healing abilities mostly pre lv50.

After lv 50 it gets far more worse because now the other schools unlock their inners, yours is truely underpowered with a 15% reflect inner. Wudang inner is insane with 25% hp heal every 2 mins.

Your last hope is to imitate a Wudang and get Boundless sea as your inner to also receive this heal instead of your reflect and use dagger in your secondary skill set to be able to stun aswell.
This offcourse brings other problems because shaolin cannot farm Boundless sea with Spy mission and even if u would learn it after months(possible to farm very slowly) u would still be capped at Wudang inner lv 5 which would make u lose out on 30% dmg lots of HP over a real wudang.

In the end its just not worth the trouble or investment sadly to play a Shao

10.163086277399845 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Ok that sucks but good to know. Guess I'll make a tang instead of the shao. But I do like wudang a lot more
Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern