Should I continue with Shaolin?

User avatar 21.Man_Humping_Goat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:12 am

Sad to Say Bogeyy quit a few months ago.
Snail did not develop the game fast enough for him, and as a Shao player he got left in the dust.
The ManHumping-Goat will get you

Server: US-S4
IGN: ManhumpingGoat
Line ID: man-humping-goat

22.GCamomescro » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:41 pm

KhaalDroggo wrote:Are they adding more schools

AoW for PC has Beggar, Scholars and Wanderer's Valley for base schools and a handful of 'other' types. There's an entire system in place for school-swapping and such. It's actually awesome and adds massive depth to the game

23.Bogeyy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 am

Man_Humping_Goat wrote:Sad to Say Bogeyy quit a few months ago.
Snail did not develop the game fast enough for him, and as a Shao player he got left in the dust.

I decided to come check the forums after being gone for months (to see any new developments) and I am shocked and delighted to see my name mentioned after all this time.

Goat, and all other day-one players, have a godly amount of patience to stick with this game.

Quitting this game was a huge relief for me.

I think, at one time, there was someone at snail that had a passion for games. This person had good vision for how to implement systems that were unique and fun. Snail no longer employs that person. To replace him, they hired the guy that tries to find the best way to milk the players.

When I originally starting playing, I fell into the same trap that many of us did, which was thinking this game would be a slimmed down port of the real AOW. As I went through the daily grind, I was really just waiting for the one day that this game would get there... well it didn't, and it won't.

Anyways - I was going to write my huge list of complaints I had about the game, but why bother. Snail just didn't do a good job (IMHO). I won't play another snail game in the future.

I want to thank all the players that I had played with on CA-S1 - friends and rivals alike. Those interactions and the drama were the highlight of this game for me. I realize now that the times I had fun were ONLY because of other players. Recruiting for the different guilds, making risky moves to change guilds, the stressful initial guild raids, competing over tyrants... these were great times. Everything else about the game sucked (really it does seem like everything). I hope to meet the same group of players in a better game in the future.

24.Fahai888 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:14 am

Totally agree...
Sometimes i was thinking writing a guide for new players based on my own experience, with tips and advices...
But why? Snail doesn't care of this game anyway, and i don't want new players investing time & money in a dieing game...
When i came on forum, i don't even bother answer new players' questions, what for? Snail already quit this game... Maybe my only tip is "don't top-up"!
I usually thinking about leaving this game (as Bogeyy and many friends of mine did), but still looking for a good one. Now i just do dailys like a zombie, and ofc never topping up again!!!

So sad that Snail let down this full potential game...
IGN = Ev3r
Server = EU
Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern