Classes...???

11.WooDang Man » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:06 am

swampboi wrote:
Thats some great info. I absolutely adore this game and its big brother and I hate being a "grass is greener on the other side" type of guy. I had a suggestion rhat I think would be an awesome addition to the game. If there was a cash shop item that could instantly grant players the ability to switch schools and grant the user rhe same level of the switched schools inners and sets that would be great even if we wanted to try a differwnt school out. I understand that all skills areobtainable but think of it as an even trade. For example lets say im level 30 wudang first inner and a bit of second inner with first skill set at 29 each skill i could biy the item choose a different school and have those same stats just switched inners.

Cool idea! We have lots of plans for new features to come to Age of Wushu Dynasty in the future, and we're glad to get thoughts like this from the community. We'll keep that one in mind.
Age of Wushu: Facebook | Website

SupportUSA@snailgame.net

12.SatThuSiTinh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Thats some great info. I absolutely adore this game and its big brother and I hate being a "grass is greener on the other side" type of guy. I had a suggestion rhat I think would be an awesome addition to the game. If there was a cash shop item that could instantly grant players the ability to switch schools and grant the user rhe same level of the switched schools inners and sets that would be great even if we wanted to try a differwnt school out. I understand that all skills areobtainable but think of it as an even trade. For example lets say im level 30 wudang first inner and a bit of second inner with first skill set at 29 each skill i could biy the item choose a different school and have those same stats just switched inners.

If you play Taichi Panda, also from Snail games, you will know they have item to switch classes for limited time. You will go back to your original class after the time expires. The price is pretty high in my opinion, about $15 to switch for 7 days. I hope we have can change classes without paying $$ just like how AOW in PC is. If we have to pay, at least it would be permanent, so we don't have to keep paying $15 each week to keep the new class.

13.WooDang Man » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:10 am

SatThuSiTinh wrote:

If you play Taichi Panda, also from Snail games, you will know they have item to switch classes for limited time. You will go back to your original class after the time expires. The price is pretty high in my opinion, about $15 to switch for 7 days. I hope we have can change classes without paying $$ just like how AOW in PC is. If we have to pay, at least it would be permanent, so we don't have to keep paying $15 each week to keep the new class.

Hey guys,

Just a quick note on this comment - while yes Age of Wushu Dynasty is from the same studio as Taichi Panda, we are not necessarilly planning to implement this specific system in Age of Wushu Dynasty. That function wasn't even added to TCP until nearly 6 months after release, so for the forseeable future, school switching isn't going to be a thing. In the long run, we may implement a system by which masters can switch schools, however it won't necessarilly be modeled after Taichi Panda. For veteren Age of Wushu players, you may recall the School switching system there - "Betrayal" and "Incognito", for example. If we ultimately add that feature, it'll probably be some mix of the TCP and AoW systems. But needless to say, it's too early in the cycle to really say anything about that.

Hope that is helpful!

SupportUSA@snailgame.net

14.SatThuSiTinh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Hey guys,

Just a quick note on this comment - while yes Age of Wushu Dynasty is from the same studio as Taichi Panda, we are not necessarilly planning to implement this specific system in Age of Wushu Dynasty. That function wasn't even added to TCP until nearly 6 months after release, so for the forseeable future, school switching isn't going to be a thing. In the long run, we may implement a system by which masters can switch schools, however it won't necessarilly be modeled after Taichi Panda. For veteren Age of Wushu players, you may recall the School switching system there - "Betrayal" and "Incognito", for example. If we ultimately add that feature, it'll probably be some mix of the TCP and AoW systems. But needless to say, it's too early in the cycle to really say anything about that.

Hope that is helpful!

Thanks, that's helpful. I guess I'll wait until Royal Guard come out to join the adventure. I like Wanderer's Valley and Beggar's Sect better but that maybe too long of a wait. I do hope my Gold top up will still be at 300% when I get back.

15.Bogeyy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 pm

SatThuSiTinh wrote:

Hey guys,

Hope that is helpful!

Thanks, that's helpful. I guess I'll wait until Royal Guard come out to join the adventure. I like Wanderer's Valley and Beggar's Sect better but that maybe too long of a wait. I do hope my Gold top up will still be at 300% when I get back.

I hope we get some clarity on how the 200% bonus works... Right now, it seems like you only get it on server 1 (to quote the message "200% bonus in the first formal server of the United States"). If thats the case, I guess all us CBT spenders will be on the same server - could be quite competitive. If I had the choice, I would wait until a later server to use that bonus.

16.WooDang Man » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:09 am

The intent of the event was to reward the beta testers, who were (at least supposed) to all be from the US, though we know some people with some clever technology-ing managed to get around that. So the system is set up to send rewards to people on the first US server created, if they topped up during CBT, and the rewards will be claimed on the first character they create on the same account.

However, we know things might not always work out that way. For people who, for example, are from other regions, we will offer support on a case by case basis to help with that, and ideally these people should contact
SupportUSA@SnailGame.net beforehand to let us know.

The key point to this is that it is the first server for a given region. Players who wait until a later server won't be eligible for these bonuses. Hopefully that clears things up. If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

SupportUSA@snailgame.net

17.Bogeyy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 am

WooDang Man wrote:The intent of the event was to reward the beta testers, who were (at least supposed) to all be from the US, though we know some people with some clever technology-ing managed to get around that. So the system is set up to send rewards to people on the first US server created, if they topped up during CBT, and the rewards will be claimed on the first character they create on the same account.

However, we know things might not always work out that way. For people who, for example, are from other regions, we will offer support on a case by case basis to help with that, and ideally these people should contact
SupportUSA@SnailGame.net beforehand to let us know.

The key point to this is that it is the first server for a given region. Players who wait until a later server won't be eligible for these bonuses. Hopefully that clears things up. If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks for clearing that up, WooDang Man.

It will sure make for an interesting server 1. All players that topped up in CBT will be there; some of them with massive amounts of gold (because they took advantage of the 200% bonus). Surely a lot of those people are long term players that were waiting for this game for some time (as opposed to casuals). Free-to-play players should probably start on server 2.

18.SatThuSiTinh » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:26 am

I guess I will not wait for Royal Guard then.
Also, I think it would be helpful if you guys make it clear on your Facebook and your main website about this info with an announcement. A lot of people don't see this post. It will save a lot of complaints later.

19.Manipulo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:21 pm

What I'm finding most difficult about choosing a school is the difference betweens skill sets in AoW and AoWD. It seems like the need for Pegasus is gone, and thus Wudang seems much less appealing to me - with the exception that it is the only Tai Chi class at launch. How different will the rest of the skill sets be. At what point does each school get the rest of their martial sets? How different are the added benefits of the Inner Skills between AoW of and AoWD?

At the moment Emei is looking a prime contender for my first school until WV or Beggars are Available.

20.GCamomescro » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:53 am

WooDang Man wrote: In the long run, we may implement a system by which masters can switch schools, however it won't necessarilly be modeled after Taichi Panda. For veteren Age of Wushu players, you may recall the School switching system there - "Betrayal" and "Incognito", for example. If we ultimately add that feature, it'll probably be some mix of the TCP and AoW systems. But needless to say, it's too early in the cycle to really say anything about that[/color][/size]

I know I'm necro'ing this post, but it's for good reason.

While I know SOME players have enough money to burn that they can afford to pay for multiple characters, some are either only able to or choose to put money into one character. Even for those that play for free, multiple characters are a big problem because of how much time it can take to keep them competitive.

While adding new classes is fine and all, adding them after the initial group without Betrayal/Incognito means starting over. Gold, skills and gear is not account-wide and asking us to work on characters then saying you 'may' add Betrayal/Incognito later is a bit of a slap in the face and may very well make some hold off buying gold until [Class X or Y] is added.

While an exact timeframe is not expected, I think it would help us make plans for the game if you at least confirmed that this feature will be added in the future.

[Edit] Since I understand Snail is a business, adding features takes work and you don't want to over-promise I'll add this thought... if you can confirm that Betrayal/Incognito WILL be added then maybe it will be that push some need to spend money in the shop while waiting. While you may think 'well, they'll just spend it later', don't forget human nature: purchasing now does not mean they won't purchase more later.
Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern