Jade (non) Set vs Gold Set

User avatar 11.sioncan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Rennie wrote:
sioncan wrote:
Man_Humping_Goat wrote:Gold set is better.
Not because of the 150% added stats. This helps, but it does not make or break the set.

The reason for the gold sets is the added bonuses you get. IE, more rage state, energy siphon.....
It's the set bonuses people go for, and they are willing to give up a couple of extra stats from their standard Jade gear to get the set bonuses.

This seems resonable, what do you think about using all jade items but only 2 gold items to get the bonus set ?

If equipping 2 gold set items give you a special bonus, and equipping 4 jade set items give you a special bonus, would it be better if you equip 2 gold set items and 4 jade set items (the last one can be either or) be better? Because you can get the added bonuses from both jade and gold set...Right?

no man, +210% attack and +210% hp are the best bonusses you can get, so it's better have a full jade equip with the set. But i don't know if it's better to have full gold set or 4 jade + 2 gold set.
Drop a Gear and Disappear

IGN: sioncan
SERVER: EU-S2 Ruined Valley
GUILD: ItaliaSamurai

12.SatThuSiTinh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:24 pm

I say Gold set is better than Jade non-set. And yes, that's because of the 150% bonus that would give you better stats, because I tried it, but not at 60 level upgrade.
I had 4 pieces of Purple Cloud and 3 non-set Jade, upgraded to 40-45. Then I managed to collect whole set of Frosty and upgraded them all to equal level with the equipment I was wearing (except for the hat, I upgrade the Frosty to 45 but my Purple Cloud only 40). I switched and my power increased, forgot by how much.

If you pay attention and do a simple calculation, you will see Gold base stats +150% is more than Jade base stats. And with the bonus effects, full Gold set is the way to go.

User avatar 13.sioncan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 pm

SatThuSiTinh wrote:I say Gold set is better than Jade non-set. And yes, that's because of the 150% bonus that would give you better stats, because I tried it, but not at 60 level upgrade.
I had 4 pieces of Purple Cloud and 3 non-set Jade, upgraded to 40-45. Then I managed to collect whole set of Frosty and upgraded them all to equal level with the equipment I was wearing (except for the hat, I upgrade the Frosty to 45 but my Purple Cloud only 40). I switched and my power increased, forgot by how much.

If you pay attention and do a simple calculation, you will see Gold base stats +150% is more than Jade base stats. And with the bonus effects, full Gold set is the way to go.

But in my server noone has a full non-set jade all to level 60, so i can't be sure of that.

BTW thanks to everyone for answering !

User avatar 14.sioncan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Also i figured out just now that with a gold set you can't have the third bonus on jade treasures!

User avatar 15.Man_Humping_Goat » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:15 pm

sioncan wrote:Also i figured out just now that with a gold set you can't have the third bonus on jade treasures!

Thats only for Soul and Krin Jade treasure (set Jade Treasure).
Peak, Frost, and Dragon only require 6/6 Enhancements.

And also, that will change when the lvl cap goes up to 70.
The ManHumping-Goat will get you

Server: US-S4
IGN: ManhumpingGoat
Line ID: man-humping-goat

User avatar 16.sioncan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Man_Humping_Goat wrote:
sioncan wrote:Also i figured out just now that with a gold set you can't have the third bonus on jade treasures!

Thats only for Soul and Krin Jade treasure (set Jade Treasure).
Peak, Frost, and Dragon only require 6/6 Enhancements.

And also, that will change when the lvl cap goes up to 70.

yeah true, checked now xD

17.sweeny0913 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:02 am

thats why i said jade none set is better cuz u can use jade tressure. but still if u dont want to spend any. gold set is the best.
IGN: EarlGreyTea
SERVER: CA-S1 Arhat Hall

18.SatThuSiTinh » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 pm

sweeny0913 wrote:thats why i said jade none set is better cuz u can use jade tressure. but still if u dont want to spend any. gold set is the best.

I don't know about you, but I'm wearing Gold set and I wear Jade treasures with full stats activated just fine.
Only 5-5 and 5-4 treasures require 8/8 and 7/8 enhancement. These treasures are super hard to find and those who can afford it, would have full Jade set anyway.
So between Jade non-set and Gold set for mid and low spenders, I still don't see how Jade non-set is better. I do see some people wear full Jade non-set, so I guess I must miss something.

User avatar 19.sioncan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:30 pm

SatThuSiTinh wrote:
sweeny0913 wrote:thats why i said jade none set is better cuz u can use jade tressure. but still if u dont want to spend any. gold set is the best.

I don't know about you, but I'm wearing Gold set and I wear Jade treasures with full stats activated just fine.
Only 5-5 and 5-4 treasures require 8/8 and 7/8 enhancement. These treasures are super hard to find and those who can afford it, would have full Jade set anyway.
So between Jade non-set and Gold set for mid and low spenders, I still don't see how Jade non-set is better. I do see some people wear full Jade non-set, so I guess I must miss something.

I'm note sure of that (i'm working on getting both sets all lvl 60) but i think that jade non-set has more stats than a gold set, so it's a battle beetween having more stats or having a bonus (like +% feint damage).

20.SatThuSiTinh » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:52 pm

sioncan wrote:
I'm note sure of that (i'm working on getting both sets all lvl 60) but i think that jade non-set has more stats than a gold set, so it's a battle beetween having more stats or having a bonus (like +% feint damage).

As I said, I switched from 4 Purple Cloud and 3 Jade non-set to 7 Frosty set and my power increased.

So you might be wrong about Jade non-set has more stats than Gold set. Let's do a comparison here. Let's look at the ring:

The Gold ring non-set at 60 and 5/8 - 5/8 enhancement has:
Ultimate Power 8326
Power 7533
The Frosty ring at 60 and 5/8 - 5/8 enhancement has:
Ultimate Power 8326
Power 7533
The Jade ring non-set at 60 and 5/8 - 5/8 enhancement has:
Ultimate Power 11798
Power 9203
The Highwind ring at 60 and 6/8 - 6/8 enhancement has: (can't find the one with 5 enhancements)
Ultimate Power 11798
Power 9996

So you can see the Ultimate Power and Power are the same for the non-set and the one in set. So, where is that 150% and 210% bonus???

These 150% or 210% bonus only activated when they are in the set. Therefore, when you look at each equipment individually, you don't see it showed.

So this is how I think it works (I could be wrong)
The real power I got from the ring is actually
Ultimate Power 8326 x 1.5 = 12489
Power 7533 x 1.5 = 11299.5

So I don't see the reasons to go full Jade non-set

And thus, Gold set give you better stats than Jade non-set.
Attachments

Gold Ring 60.jpg
Gold Ring 60.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

Frosty Ring 60.jpg
Frosty Ring 60.jpg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

Jade Ring 60.jpg
Jade Ring 60.jpg (68.92 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern