Best School For Choosing

User avatar 11.Man_Humping_Goat » Thu May 19, 2016 3:19 pm

Again, I am saying that this is going to play a much bigger role in the FUTURE. As of now, I see Tang and WU kind of balanced. Tang has Crits, WU has options. Once everyone has access to 5 mental elements, the WU inner won't be a problem, but the lack of options for Tang (and everyone else) will be.

Even I have Mount Hua to T7, and Snow sword is at least T6 now. However, when I switch to sword I lose about 80K Power. Unless you have a Jade Cloak, it is more or less impossible to upgrade a second Jade set weapon while keeping your primary weapon competitive. So suggesting that Tang or other classes can use cruel blade is a little ignorant. If you have a Gold set, by all means, diversify. But Jade sets are just too expensive to upgrade 2 weapons. And by the time people manage to get their primary close to maxed, snail will introduce level 80, and we'll have to start up again.
WU will have it all with 5 mental.
The ManHumping-Goat will get you

Server: US-S4
IGN: ManhumpingGoat
Line ID: man-humping-goat

12.DiepLienTu » Fri May 20, 2016 11:39 am

Man_Humping_Goat wrote:Again, I am saying that this is going to play a much bigger role in the FUTURE. As of now, I see Tang and WU kind of balanced. Tang has Crits, WU has options. Once everyone has access to 5 mental elements, the WU inner won't be a problem, but the lack of options for Tang (and everyone else) will be.

Even I have Mount Hua to T7, and Snow sword is at least T6 now. However, when I switch to sword I lose about 80K Power. Unless you have a Jade Cloak, it is more or less impossible to upgrade a second Jade set weapon while keeping your primary weapon competitive. So suggesting that Tang or other classes can use cruel blade is a little ignorant. If you have a Gold set, by all means, diversify. But Jade sets are just too expensive to upgrade 2 weapons. And by the time people manage to get their primary close to maxed, snail will introduce level 80, and we'll have to start up again.
WU will have it all with 5 mental.

As for future im telling everyone will be able to have a secondary weapon almost as good as main. But the important thing is that you have 2 diwine weapons, maybe snot smelt 4 but at least smelt 3 is not impossible. Tangmen with to diwine weapons will be really hard to kill. Blade weapon boost defense when smelt 3

13.TonyDuong » Sun May 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Man_Humping_Goat wrote:The way I see it, the problems come down to the available skill sets.
The way I see it, the game is still in a state where you can survive with just having one overpowered skill set. This is why Tang and RG are still able to kick butt.
I see this shifting as everyone power increases and matches end up taking more than 20-30 seconds. This is when I can can see the need for multiple skill sets to quickly have access to a second parry or rages skill (basically just a second set). Working with just one set, the cds will be the deciding factor between a win and a loss.

Sure you can just put a second weapon out for your #2 skill. And this will work ok for people using Gold sets, as they are much easier to upgrade. But getting a second Jade set weapon upgraded to the point it is viable is unrealistic. Most people aren't even close to fully upgrading one weapon.
As it is, WU is the only class that has access to an easily attainable second skill set, and a third for that matter. Take into account that not a single inner reduce dmg to swords, and this is just a farce.

A good point was raised about other classes having a 2 month advantage over RG. Even if they were to make it easier for other classes to get their silver skills, WU would have a 6 month advantage over collecting fragments for their secondary skills.

And FYI, Snail has a tendancy to make all of their new classes or characters super op for a few months until they come out with a new one. The RG nerfing has already begun for those that haven't noticed, and will probably be more drastic in the future.

From what I read on the forum of AOWD Chinese servers with several months ahead the global servers, there are a lot of topics with many complaints regarding how RG is OVERPOWERED compared to other classes, but there is no action taken to fix this bias. They also refer to a case when a Wudang with 40k Attack with relatively good game-play could not out-damage on tyrants compared to a RG with only 20k Attack due to the OP state of RG's OP Ghost Approaching buff and also its OP mental skill, an effective total attack buffs with full 50 stacks and mental on tyrants of 150% normal attack before the skill damage boosts applied, and with crit RG's damage output will just escalate further... On top of that, RGs also have Heavy Rage from overt and mental skill to void 2 attacks every 20 secs so I find its hard for them to get CCs from tyrants. So I think the OP and supreme position of RG at tyrants and in even in PVP now will not be fix in the near future, at least several months ahead if we look at Chinese version. I hope Snail could seriously take into consideration to balance RG for global servers ASAP, especially for new server when other classes have limited chances to compete with RG. For old servers it still be OK but for new servers almost all tyrants killers and top players are RG, which you can see in SEA and US 7 and 8. FYI, in the PC version, RG is also a character that are consistently strong over various updates and versions of the game without any attempt from Snail to balance it :cry: :cry: :cry: .
Sort by

« Jianghu Tavern